View from Slavin

View from Slavin

Slavin in Bratislava is a monumental memorial and cemetery of Soviet Army soldiers who fell during World War II when liberating the city of Bratislava in April 1945 from Nazi German troops. It is situated on a hill close to the center of Bratislava. It was constructed between 1957 and 1960 on the place of a field cemetery and opened on April 3 1960 on the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the liberation of the city. In 1961 it was declared a National Cultural Monument.

St. Martinīs CathedralThe Office of the GovernmentCafe MayerHotel Marrol's BratislavaPrimate's palace

Similar photos:
Bratislava Castle
Aupark Shopping Center
Residence of the President
Incheba Expo Bratislava
Medusa cafe & restaurant
Random photos:
St. Martinīs Cathedral
The Office of the Government
Cafe Mayer
Hotel Marrol's Bratislava
Primate's palace

Permalink: View from Slavin